We are able to provide no-charge care because of the generosity of more than 100 volunteer physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses, medical assistants and other healthcare professionals who donate their time and skills to attend our Health Center. All providers hold a valid CA State license as required by their profession, and are routinely evaluated by their peers to ensure professional and quality care.
CVVIM provides the following patient services:
• Primary Care
• Gynecology & Women’s Wellness Exams
• Various specialty referrals, including:
3. Ophthalmology and Optometry
• Laboratory testing, X-Rays, Imaging & Ultrasound services necessary for diagnosis & treatment
• Referral to Riverside County Regional Medical Center when complex services or treatment is medically necessary
HOMELESS MEDICAL OUTREACH
Often referred to as Street Medicine, teams of volunteers led by a medical practitioner offer medical care to unsheltered persons living in the eastern areas of Coachella Valley. Teams always include a physician or nurse practitioner, medical residents, psychologists, social workers, and other volunteers to assist with medical translating and clerical support.
Additionally, CVVIM provides numerous supportive services, including:
• Health Education
• Nutritional Education
• HIV Screening
• Flu and other vaccinations
• Health Navigator Services (MediCal enrollment)
• Access to Prescription Discount referral programs
• Community and social service referrals
Scheduled appointments are preferred, though we accommodate walk-in visits when possible.