Cal State San Bernardino’s Palm Desert Campus is offering a certificate in hospitality management as a first step in its commitment to securing the best talent for the Coachella Valley’s hospitality industry. The online program, offered with the instruction of faculty in hospitality and business management, will run from June 18-August 3.
“The $6 billion hospitality industry in the Coachella Valley is looking for trained talent and we are the partners for building this talent, said Sharon Brown-Welty, dean of the Palm Desert Campus. “This program is designed for those who wish to start or enhance their career in the hospitality industry and its flexibility means that people can participate when it’s convenient for their work and professional schedule.”
- Introduction to the Industry:Learn about all of the segments of the hospitality industry and careers available;
- Leadership and Team Building:Learn the characteristics of leaders, leadership approaches and building high performance teams;
- Promotion and Social Media:Learn the importance of branding, integrated marketing communications planning, media planning and social media;
- Customer Service:Learn the essence of delivering excellent customer service;
- Revenue Management:Learn about demand, revenue and cost management, as well as employee scheduling;
- Employee Relations:Learn the rules and laws governing the hospitality industry, as well as employee management; recruiting and interviewing prospective employees and conducting performance appraisals, and;
- Tribal Gaming:Learn about the nature of tribal gaming and casino management.
For more information or to register, visit the Hospitality Management Certificate website at https://cel.csusb.edu/pace/courses-programs/hospitality/hospitality-management-certificate.
Located in beautiful Palm Desert, the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees, a doctorate in educational leadership, and teacher credentials and certificates. With more than 1,400 students, it is the Coachella Valley’s four-year public university and plays a vital role in educating and training the region’s growing population.
For more information about the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus, contact Mike Singer in the campus’ Office of Public Affairs at email@example.com or (760) 341-2883, ext. 78107, or visit the campus website at pdc.csusb.edu.