The Association of Fundraising Professionals CA, Desert Communities ChapterRecognizes Our Valley’s Most Outstanding Gamechangers and Honors the Late Patti Grundhofer
A limited number of tickets remain for 2022’s National Philanthropy Day in the Desert (NPD), presented on Friday, November 4th at 11 a.m. by Emcee Patrick Evans from KESQ News Channel 3 at the beautiful Renaissance Esmeralda in Indian Wells. Tickets can be purchased at afpcadesert.org.
“National Philanthropy Day honors our community’s philanthropic heroes who give so generously of their time, skills, talents and financial support,” shares Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) President Kristin Bloomer. “Since 2007, we have paid tribute to 88 individuals and organizations whose fundraising passions improved the quality of life in the Coachella Valley and beyond. AFP is proud to be recognized as a Ten Star Chapter where our members are committed to bringing forward the positive change necessary to build strong, vibrant and healthy communities.”
2022 Honorees include:
· OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPIST | PATTI GRUNDHOFERA special tribute will posthumously honor of the Valley’s most beloved philanthropists, Patti Grundhofer. For the past two decades, Grundhofer has generously bestowed wisdom, countless hours and financial contributions to over 25 local non-profits including Animal Samaritans, Mama’s House, Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital, United Way of the Desert, Joslyn Center, Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center and The Living Desert.
“Patti created a legacy of giving that will benefit our Valley for years to come in healthcare, education, arts and film, impacting future generations and, with her giving heart, she has changed our world,” shares Josh N. Zahid, NPD Chairman. We look forward to celebrating Patti’s legacy and we have invited her closest friends to share favorite stories and honor her memory.”
· OUTSTANDING NON-PROFIT FOUNDER | LINDI BIGGI
Founder of Loving All Animals, Biggi has demonstrated vision, dedication, and tenacity in working with Valley animal rescue centers to put an end to euthanizing animals. She also proudly supports ACT For MS, Eisenhower Circle of Stars and The Living Desert.
· OUTSTANDING FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEER | CJ WESTRICK-BOMAR, ESQ.
Westrick-Bomar’s volunteerism spans 15+ years of raising awareness for various organizations including Tools for Tomorrow, Eisenhower Health Dolores Hope Auxiliary, McCallum Theatre Muses, Palm Springs International Piano Competition, Loving All Animals, Coachella Valley Alumnae Panhellenic, College of the Desert Academic Angels, ACT for MS and Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital.
· OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPIC FOUNDATION, CORPORATION OR CIVIC/SERVICE ORGANZATION | CARITAS REALTYJustin and Lanay Berry created Caritas Realty to join their love for helping clients and local charities by giving 15% of their net commissions to clients’ charity of choice. Donations have supported: American Red Cross, Animal Samaritans, Autism Society Inland Empire, Coachella Valley Autism Society, Desert Elite Football Club, Desi Strong Foundation, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire, Mama’s House, Martha’s Village, Olive Crest, Palm Springs Animal Shelter, Palm Springs SunUp Rotary Club, SafeHouse of the Desert, Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Desert, Well of the Desert and the Children of Armenia Fund.
· OUTSTANDING YOUTH IN PHILANTHROPY | LEADERS IN TRAINING, BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF CATHEDRAL CITY
Developed as a way to actively involve youths in their community, the Leaders in Training (LIT) program guides teens to adopt character values that prepare them for adulthood and improve their community. Last year, LIT worked with Toyota engineers and 30 middle school children to build six mobility vehicles for children with lower extremity disabilities. Each included a hand-operated gas button and safety harnesses and were gifted to the United Cerebral Palsy and Variety the Children’s Charity.
· OUTSTANDING FUNDRAISING PROFESSIONAL | BRIAN DALYDaly serves as Director of Major Gifts for the American Red Cross Coachella Valley and Morongo Basin where he makes a meaningful impact in the lives of local families. As Immediate Past President for AFP, he also supports March for Our Lives, AIDS/Lifecycle, Rainbow Railroad and St. Vincent Meals on Wheels.
AFP looks forward to celebrating these heroes who have gone above and beyond to reach the most underserved communities, profoundly supporting the desert with their giving hearts.